The PostModernDad

Trusting the fragments since 2006.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Follow up.

Marci had a follow up appointment with Dr. A. that confirmed the procedure to be a success.  In two or three months, we have the all clear to attempt pregnancy again.  


In scare-the-living-shit-out-of-us news, babyman choked on an almond yesterday.  I mean, he really choked.  He loves nuts, so I (used to) break them into fragments and let him have bits of them one at a time.  However, I know that if he gets a couple in his mouth and wants more, he throws a little fit.  

So, yesterday, he managed to get a whole almond into his mouth, which alarmed me so I didn't let him have another.  When he couldn't have another he flipped out, started yelling, and apparently sucked the almond into his esophagus.  He clearly wasn't getting any air for a second, so I positioned him and firmly struck him on the back (like the Red Cross recommends).  Out came the nut and some of his dinner.

Immediately after, he held out his hand and teary-eyed said "five?" (he gives you five now) because he thought I was mad at him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home