The PostModernDad

Trusting the fragments since 2006.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It doesn't look good.

Marci had an ultrasound this morning, and the fetal heart rate was even slower this time. Also, they didn't see the growth or development they were looking for.

I make a point of being at every single appointment, but the office rescheduled her at the last minute so I couldn't be there.

She called me between classes to let me know. Next week, we'll have another ultrasound with the expectation that the heart beat will have stopped completely. The doctor will also discuss with us options such as "expectant management" or a "d and c".

I've not discussed this with Marci yet, but I realize today that I've been bracing myself a bit for this. Over the last couple weeks I have stopped thinking about baby names, or about The Peanut as an older brother and all of that.

Marci was pretty upset when she got rescheduled yesterday (which I was not happy about, either), so I know we both have a lot of feelings just beneath the surface about this pregnancy.

We're also so busy (teaching on opposite schedules so that one of us can always be with the boy) that the least wrinkle in our weekly plans sends everything into a tailspin. Luckily, both sets of our parents are near enough to pinch hit when we need them. They've been great in that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home